Sunday, December 4, 2016

Big Announcement: New Book!

Hello readers,

First off, I want to say thank you for reading my blog. I'm positively thrilled to see the amount of page hits this blog receives even after a couple of dry spells wherein I wasn't updating with content consistently. To know that there are people out there who are admirers of my writing and the life circumstances I've been able to navigate means the world to me. Moreso, I am equally thankful if there are people who read this blog who find that this space helps them in some way. I set out to be a "voice" of sorts to heal myself ultimately, but also to help others on their own path of healing and self-empowerment.

All of you, thank you, from the bottom of my heart for continuing to read and for encouraging me to keep going.

Now for the big news! A couple of years ago, I wrote a story for a book and I am proud to announce that my writing will be featured in an upcoming lesbian anthology this month! It's called "Dispatches from Lesbian America" and my story is part of a 400 page anthology spanning from writers both well established and newly emerging.

Some of what I discuss in the book has not been shared before by me in social media or even this blog, so if you want to check it out, I strongly encourage you to do so.

If you would like a copy of this book, you can buy it on Amazon at the link at the bottom of this post. This is a chance to support lesbian writers and stories! This is the first lesbian anthology of its kind in over 2 decades, so this is immeasurably exciting! Be sure to leave a good review, or if you write for some type of publication such as HuffPo, The Advocate, etc, please feel free to write a review for your news outlet as well. If you do, you would forever have my gratitude.

Can't spare the cost of the book at this time? No worries, please take a moment to request a copy from your local library! Not only can you read it for free, but it also helps get our writing out to the public (and out of the closet) where it belongs! Talk about a win-win situation.

I hope that you enjoy the book and continue to be a reader of this blog for a while. I have every intention of speaking up and reaching out as long as there are ears to hear me and hands to hold! With solidarity!

Link to book: Dispatches from Lesbian America

No comments: